Sunday, April 14, 2013

Slammed by Colleen Hoover + NEWS

SLAMMED 
(Slammed, Book 1)


Slammed (Slammed, #1)

Synopsis:

Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.




Review:

6 STARS 

WOW. WHAT-A-BOOK!

Leave to Colleen Hoover to write a book that sucks you right in!! I fell in love with her writing style in "Hopeless" and again during this book. Amazeballs!!! 


I canNOT believe I put off this book for so long!!! Shame on me! And if you still haven't read it, shame on you as well!!!!



This story is VERY realistic. A lot of emotional things happen and I was brought to tears many, many times. 



I cannot stress enough how much I love Will and Layken. This is not the usual love story. In a way, their romance is ONE of the many things going on in this book. I honestly don't want to go into a lot of details because this is just one of those books that you HAVE to read to understand just how PHENOMENAL it really is.



I honestly can't write a review for this book and not mention the slam poetry. I mean.. Every single poem literally left me with my mouth open... They were BEYOND incredible and amazing. 



Eye opening!



This book is not only a must read, but a you-HAVE-to-read-book!!!!! 



Can't wait to start the sequel, "Point of Retreat", and I am even more excited to read "This Girl" which is "Slammed" in Will's Pov!!!! 






Buy Slammed --> HERE (Amazon)




Author:


Colleen Hoover


"I love music. LOVE music. Namely The Avett Brothers, Lumineers, Pink, Eminem. I have eclectic taste? If you have any recommendations, send them my way!

I'm addicted to diet pepsi and could tell you in a taste-test which restaurant it came from. It's a serious addiction, I tell you. 

I get stoked whenever I get a message from goodreads saying I have a new friend request...so request me, dangit! 

If you want to know when I have new books out or just want to be inundated by random, pointless blog posts, follow me at www.colleenhoover.com 

Avoid my Twitter at all cost. It's propaganda. " 



You can find Colleen Hoover here:





NEWS!!

BIG CHANGES!

NEW COVERS!!!

FROM COLLEEN HOOVER'S SITE: READ MORE

Slammed_COVER


xo
Ly

No comments:

Post a Comment