Friday, April 19, 2013

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Walking Disaster
(Beautiful, book 2)

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2)

Synopsis:

Finally, the highly anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Can you love someone too much?
Travis Maddox learned two things from his mother before she died: Love hard. Fight harder.

In Walking Disaster, the life of Travis is full of fast women, underground gambling, and violence. But just when he thinks he is invincible, Abby Abernathy brings him to his knees.

Every story has two sides. In Beautiful Disaster, Abby had her say. Now it’s time to see the story through Travis’s eyes.



Review:

6 STARS!!!!

Fan-fucking-tastic!!!!!! Can't stress this enough!!!! 6 stars!!!! 

I've heard people say that they were worried this book would seem repetitive or that they wouldn't be able follow the story line along with Beautiful Disaster. Let me just clarify, neither of those were the case. To me, this seemed like a whole new book.. I mean, yeah, there were some scenes identical to scenes in Beautiful Disaster, but that was to be expected since this was a complimentary book. But, here we got to see some of the things left unexplained during BD regarding Travis and *a lot* of new things.. A lot.

Something I really liked about this book was that we got to know more the other characters, like Shepley and Trenton. We even got to see a new side to America. 

I absolutely loved Shepley's and Travis' conversations! The fact that Shep's character was definitely more developed in this book was a plus for me since it's safe to say I was sooo crushing on him. Big. Time. I would NOT mind at all if Jamie McGuire wrote a book on Shepley and America. It would be without a doubt, incredible. Love Mare and Shep!

And Trenton!!??!! *Sigh*. Trent. What a great big brother. Always there for Travis. Always. Here we got to know more about the Maddox brothers and about their dad, Jim. Love how they all supported each other unconditionally. Great family..

This book was, in my opinion, brilliantly written. The story line flowed perfectly. 

That final chapter..!!??!! Amazing!

 And the EPILOGUE!!!??!!! 

Words aren't enough to express how much I freaking LOVED it!!!

When I really, really enjoy a book, I usually peek at the percentage in my kindle to see if I need to slow down my reading to prolong the experience of reading it or see if I can indulge and keep on reading at that pace. With Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster I had a few freak out moments where I thought I had to be almost half way into the book.. And then I'd look at the percentage and see a whopping 15% and automatically do a happy dance!!! Both these books were SO good that it was beyond easy for me to get sucked into them and lose all sense of reality. Don't you just love it when that happens?? I sure do!!!

Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster are MUST read!



You can read Beautiful Disaster Review here



Buy Walking Disaster here (Amazon)




XO

Ly

No comments:

Post a Comment