Hold On Tight
(Take My Hand #2)
A figure from Dexter’s past has uprooted all the memories he has tried so desperately to bury… to forget. The terrible events of his past have been blown wide open once again, immersing him a pool of guilt deeper than he’s even experienced before.
Dexter feels powerless. The future he foolishly allowed himself to conceive is falling apart around him and there’s nothing he can do about it. But there’s one thing he can control – one thing he’s an expert at… blocking everything out. Losing all control, Dexter copes the only way he knows how – he dives so far into the well of addiction, the only thing that matters anymore is where his next fix is coming from.
Mission accomplished – there’s no one left. He’s successfully pushed everyone away. Nobody left to care about means no more guilt, right? You can’t hurt people who aren’t there…
But has he really pushed Emily as far away as he thinks he has? She’s given up everything for him – her home, her friends… her whole life. And she doesn’t regret a single thing. But can she save him from drowning, or has he finally sunk too far?
(Not suitable for under 18’s due to language, sexual content and explicit drug use)
Take My Hand series
(Take My Hand # 1)Synopsis:
Twenty-four year old Dexter Michaels has arrived in the UK for a fresh start - leaving everything and everyone he knows behind in the states. Determined to put right some of the wrongs he’ll never be able to forgive himself for making and make his Aunt Sarah – the only person left who still believes in him - proud, he lands in London with the intention of working hard, getting his degree and keeping himself to himself. He can’t destroy anybody else that way…
His heart and his body have other ideas however when he finds himself sitting next to nineteen year old Emily Barton in his Psychology class. Moving down south to find her own New Life, Emily is shy, smart and beautiful – everything Dexter knows he should stay away from… everything he knows would be too easy for him to break.
But she makes him feel things he’d forgotten even existed. She makes him laugh, smile, care… forget. Without her trying, and without him realizing, Emily has wound her way into the one place he swore to keep locked away forever – his heart. But can she stay there when she discovers the dark past he’s so determined to keep hidden from her? Or will he destroy her too, just like he always expected?
(Not recommended for younger readers due to language, drug/alcohol abuse and sexual content)
Read Bethany's review ➜ here
Here are 20 FUN FACTS about the author!!
20 Fun, possibly weird, definitely useless, facts about me!
1. I don’t like even numbers – Not good when eating biscuits; one isn’t enough, two is even so I couldn’t possibly stop there… so three it is. Unless I’m being a badass, then it has to be five!
2. I still eat like a child. Orange juice, chicken nuggets and fries for me any day over steak and wine. I won’t eat yogurt with ‘bits’ in and the only sauce I’ll entertain is ketchup. And tea and coffee? Blurgh…
3. I could easily recite the entire script from every Twilight movie.
4. Edward Cullen was my first book boyfriend… The first of many I might add ;-)
5. I’m a total Gleek and proud!
6. I have quite a vast collection of tattoos and hope to be almost covered by the time I’m a wrinkly old lady.
7. I couldn’t possibly get through a day without a bottle of Pepsi Max.
8. I married my high school sweetheart when I was 17 – No I wasn’t pregnant, and yes we’re still together!
9. My favourite food is mashed potato.
10. My favourite colour is purple.
11. I HATED school – like seriously detested the place. There is no way I’ll ever agree when people say they’re the best years of your life.
12. I collect Barbie dolls.
13. My favourite band in the world is The Script.
14. The thought of a world without Netflix makes me sad.
15. My favourite TV show is The Vampire Diaries (Team Damon all the way baby!)
16. If my kids ever ask – I’m secretly the pink Power Ranger ;-)
17. I was born on New Years Eve, which means the whole world celebrates my birthday with me!
18. My comfiest item of clothing is my leopard print pyjama pants (I wear them so often my husband keeps threatening to throw them out!)
19. When I was ten years old I decided I wanted to be American and vowed to only ever speak in an American accent from that day on. I’m not sure how long that lasted, but you can rest assured I’m not still pretending now ;-)20. If you’ve made it to number 20 then I think you’re awesome!
About the Author:
Nicola lives in Rochdale, England with her husband and four children (six if you include the dogs!) She is the author of New Adult/Contemporary romance novels Inevitable, Saving Amy and the Take My Hand series. When she is not busy playing with her imaginary book friends (or talking about them with real life friends!) she can usually be found carrying out her ordinary mum/housewife/all round slave duties. Oh, and if the kids ever ask, she moonlights as the Pink Power Ranger while they’re sleeping…
Social media links: