Friday, July 17, 2015

Book Tour: Playing With Fire by Lexi Ryan

Title: Playing With Fire
Author: Lexi Ryan
Series: Love Unbound #1
Adult Contemporary Romance
~ SYNOPSIS ~
Dr. Phoenix Reid isn't who she seems...

Everyone knows a phoenix rises from the ashes. What they don't talk about are the people she drags with her into the fire.

I thought one hot night with Max Hallowell was harmless. I never expected it would force me to face my past or bring back the man who swore he'd never let me go. Now Max wants to help me. Wants to save me. But if I let him, he'll be destroyed. I can already smell the flames. 

A woman with a secret past. A man determined to protect her. A dangerous passion that could cost them both everything.

~4.5 Stars~
Once again, Lexi Ryan takes a story and just immerses you into her world of characters, emotions and drama. She makes it so easy....it's effortless. Her books are all encompassing other worlds that allow you to fall in love with each character, feeling what they are going through. Her writing is one of my favorites because I never have to re-read or question something that is happening. It flows. It's perfection.

We met Max previously and completely fell in love with him as our hearts broke for him. Well, this time is NO different. His heart was put through the wringer again!!! I felt so bad for him, but I loved that the tempo in this book seemed to slow waaaaay down and it allowed us to explore everything together. I really enjoyed this aspect of it. It started off a little slow, but once the storyline started to play out, you saw the reasons. There is SO much going on and SO much to explore that you just allow their story to consume you. I couldn't put this book down and was very fascinated with how it all played out. And Max....you dirty talker, you!!

Falling in love with Max through Nix's eyes was a challenge in and of itself, but it was so rewarding to go through. Nix has this past that she is trying to escape, but it doesn't seem to want to let her go. It's popping up in places that she should be safe in, yet, for some unexplainable reason.....she starts to question her very sanity. I really loved the secrecy and the pain that Nix went through just to accept that maybe she could have something more, but she fought it at every turn.

~ I wish I could hide my heart and lock it up tight. When I look into his eyes, I feel as if I'm stumbling, losing my footing on a ledge over unknown heights, and it's only a matter of time before I fall.~

Once it was all said and done, this story played out perfectly. It was a story of survival on BOTH accounts as they both had something to deal with; on far different scales, but still emotionally challenging just the same. Once again, Lexi....once again you rocked another book!!!!

I think I can summarize my review (and ALL of Lexi's books this way) READ. THIS. BOOK.

~ And Max. He holds me as if I'm something precious, and I'm starting to believe that maybe, to him, I am.~



AMAZON | B&N | KOBO





Playing with Fire is the first in a new series of standalone novels featuring the New Hope characters Lexi Ryan fans have come to love. While you wait for Nix and Max's story, explore Love Unbound, the collection of books set in Lexi's New Hope world. 

*Note: Each series can be read on its own, but for the chronology purists, the reading order is below.

Love Unbound: Splintered Hearts

Unbreak Me (Maggie’s story)
Stolen Wishes: A Wish I May Prequel Novella (Will and Cally’s prequel)
Wish I May (Will and Cally’s novel)

Or read them together in the omnibus edition, Splintered Hearts: The New Hope Trilogy 

Love Unbound: Here and Now

Lost in Me (Hanna’s story begins)
Fall to You (Hanna’s story continues)
All for This (Hanna’s story concludes)

Or read them together in the omnibus edition, Here and Now: The Complete Series

Love Unbound: Reckless and Real

Something Wild (Liz and Sam’s story begins)
Something Reckless (Liz and Sam’s story continues)
Something Real (Liz and Sam’s story concludes) 

Love Unbound: Mended Hearts

Playing with Fire



~Lexi Ryan~
Once a college English professor, I now write full time. I live in rural Indiana, where, when I’m not writing, I get to hang out with my husband and two kids--a six-year-old boy and a two-year-old hellion, er, girl. Not surprisingly, reading and writing remain my favorite activities, though both come in bits and pieces these days, not the big hunks of time I enjoyed before I had children. When I’m feeling virtuous, I like to go running (I use that word liberally. I’m really, really slow) or do yoga. Don’t worry, I’m always careful to balance out such activities with a hearty serving of ice cream or a chocolate martini.

Social Media Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment