Monday, November 3, 2014

Book Review: Second Christmas by DL Roan

Second Christmas
Author: DL Roan
 ~ SYNOPSIS ~
HEAT WARNING: Contains three sexy cowboys who are still very much in love with their wife, love making love with her--together--and spare no details when doing so...every chance they get. Grey still has a dirty mouth, but thanks to Gabby's efforts, tries to keep it clean in front of the children. It doesn't always happen. Recommended for adult readers only. 

Join your three favorite cowboys for a very special Christmas holiday. Meet the newest members of the McLendon family, catch up with all your favorite characters from DL's 'When Seconds Count' collection, and get a sneak peek at all the fun and excitement in store for their future. 

This is not a standalone. Second Chances must be read first to fully appreciate the context of this book.

Add to Goodreads.

~5 Stars~

There is just something about these McLendon boys that just makes me squirm!! I love Matt, Mason and Grey. I just do....Gabbie is one lucky lady!! I will say here, I *highly* recommend that you read Second Chances before reading this book because nothing will really make sense. You wont understand the family dynamic, the love they share, the deep rooted protective nature of the boys....it just wont work. Go read Second Chances!!! I loved it.....so very much. It was my first read by DL Roan and I have read every book of hers since. 

This novella is a great addition to the Second Chances book, and it was very fun to catch back up with the gang, including Con and Car (the twins). I love this family and their dynamic. When I reviewed Second Chances originally, I fell in love with this family. Head over heels in love. They are a steamy, romantic and loving family with their own 'issues'. Well, Grey has the issues....he's lucky he has Matt and Mason to ground him. It's no different in this story either. I laugh when I think about the things that Grey does.....all in order to 'protect' Gabbie, when in truth, all he is doing is making a bigger spectacle of the problem at hand. I love Grey!!! Bahahaa!!!!!

I love the premise behind this short novella, which is totally readable in ONE sitting....not just because you get to surround yourself with three amazing men, but also because you get addicted to the actual storyline and love flowing between everyone. The sincerity coursing through this book is legit. I also loved that we got to see more of Hazel, Joe, Nathan and Jake....the base of this amazing and passionate family. But, we learned some things about some other characters as well,(I don't want to give it away) but we got to catch up with some other back stories as well.

This novella was a well-rounded epilogue for this affectionate family. It has some great humor, like laugh-out-loud humor, but has some really heartfelt, tear-inducing moments and some eye-opening moments as well. I loved this and once again, DL has proven and cemented herself on my favorites list. I love her writing, I love her imagination and I love her passion. Okay, I love her men.....that's really what it comes down to. Ha!!!

Also, one last squee-worthy moment at the end.....she announced Rock Star Cowboys: Second To None Tour. Conner and Carson McClendon all grown up!!! I am so excited for this book, along with One Defining Second. This will be Dax Keller and Rebecca Danes' book. We met them at the end of Second Nature. You can read my review here. That book is an amazing, heart rate increasing, adrenaline junkie rush of a story. I was on the edge of my seat for that book!! 

Thank you for yet another wonderful story full of love and light....and sexiness. 





~DL Roan~
After years of schlepping for the corporate world in an endless rotation of tasteless cube farms and cold coffee, DL Roan decided to give a little attention to the sexy voices inside her head and begin anew. Whether it's menage, action-adventure, passion-filled suspense, sexy cowboys, assassins or angels, DL's novels are sure to keep you on the edge of the page reading long into the night.

She loves to hear from her fans so stop by one of her many hangouts listed below and say hi.

~Social Media Links~

No comments:

Post a Comment