Monday, November 3, 2014

Book Review: All Or Nothing by Lexi Ryan


All Or Nothing
Author: Lexi Ryan
~ SYNOPSIS ~
**ALL OR NOTHING is a short, sexy, new adult romance and is also available as part of the ALL I EVER WANTED anthology.**

After years of placing the wrong bets, all Aubree Baxter ever wanted was someone to take a chance on her. More specifically, she wants golden boy Kennedy Hale, her good friend and unrequited crush. After a seduction attempt gone terribly wrong, she knows pursuing anything more than friendship with Kennedy means sure heartbreak. If they're going to make this work, it has to be ALL OR NOTHING.

All I Ever Wanted (original anthology) on Goodreads
All Or Nothing on Goodreads

~ 4 Stars ~
Lexi Ryan is one of my favorite authors....hands down. So when I got the option to review this book as a standalone and out of the anthology it was originally offered in, I jumped at it. It goes without saying that Lexi has this insane ability to bring you into the story with all the other characters and lets you live out the story right along with them.

This story about Kennedy and Aubree (Bree) is such a sweet story. It is also a very quick story....I read it in one sitting, but thoroughly enjoyed it. The ride was a sweet one of best of friends falling in love with each other and the obstacles they face in their own mind and along the way. 

He was an older, more sophisticated version of the boy I'd fallen hard for my sophomore year in high school. ~Bree

Bree is a carefree person on the outside, but struggles on the inside. She is so in love with Kennedy and he doesn't even know it. Trying to show him without telling him certainly isn't working out the way it should. And here is Kennedy, a young man born into a political family who has a best friend that he sees living the life, away from home. He has aspirations that don't fall in line with what his family thinks they should be and Bree is his strength, whether she realizes it or not. 

Girls were always trying to be so proper and sweet around me. Not Bree. Never Bree. I missed that. Didn't she get that I needed that? I needed people in my life who would give it to me straight. I needed Bree, who lived life on her own terms. I needed her to stand by me while I took a stab at doing the same thing. ~Kennedy 

The love between these two is compounded by stubbornness and responsibility. I loved seeing it play out for Kennedy and Bree. Once the actual realization comes out that they are both in love with each other and how the misunderstandings mounted, it was beautiful from there. Their love has years of friendship to back up the love they have and I loved smiling at their relationship. The way their lovemaking was described had me melted. I love Lexi's love scenes. *sigh* They are hot together.....absolutely hot.I loved this story and look forward to checking out the rest of the stories in the anthology as well!


Amazon | iBooks | B&N | KOBO | Google Play 



~Lexi Ryan~

New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author Lexi Ryan’s novels have been described as intense, emotional, and wickedly sexy. A former college professor, she now writes full-time from her home in Indiana, where she lives with her husband, two children, and a neurotic dog. Find her on Facebook or Twitter to chat about books, TV, and her children’s latest antics.

Social Media Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment