Thursday, September 18, 2014

Book Review: "Broken By Love" by CA Harms



BROKEN BY LOVE
Author: CA Harms
Series: Scarred by Love, Book 2
~ SYNOPSIS ~
Kate thought she and Carson had finally reached level ground. They had moved in together and were preparing for the arrival of their baby.
She never thought they would only be driven further apart by his withdrawn and distant behavior.

Carson had always had his freedom, and for a moment, he thought he could still live that life.

Only Kate needs more. She can no longer pretend that what he’s willing to offer is enough.

By the time Carson finally realizes that Kate deserves a better life than he’s been giving her, it may be too late.

He may have finally pushed her away to the point of no return…




5 Stars! Okay. I started this book very early yesterday morning and had it not been for all the work I had to get done, I would've finished it in ONE SITTING. I am a slow reader, mind you, and in no time I passed the 50% mark! I simply could NOT put down the book. I was fully engrossed from page one, and I LOVED every second of it!! 

We met Kate and Carson in book one and CA Harms wasted no time in creating emotional angst right off the bat for these two. At the end of Scarred by Love, we found out that Kate and Carson were expecting a baby. SURPRISE! Yep. Neither of them expected such a thing to happen or so soon, but they moved in together and Kate was very much excited to begin her life with Carson by her side. Lovely, right? Well, not so much.

“I’m going to walk away for now…but not forever. I’ll respect the space you need, but I can’t let you go. I won’t let you go.”

You see, this book started 7 months into Kate's pregnancy and to say things between her and Carson were rocky would be quite the understatement. Carson wasn't ready to leave behind his freedom. Their "honeymoon stage" in the relationship was long gone and he was not handling things the right way. Now, the way CA Harms wrote this book, allowed me as a reader to fully understand the characters. So while Carson was being a dick on the outside, I saw – and felt in my heart – that he was, in all honesty, just scared shit-less of what was to come. That was his true problem and it was understandable and very real. I mean, what new parents aren't scared? Yes, the way Carson was acting was far from honorable, but I got it. While my heart ached and broke for Kate, I never once hated Carson either. Call me a softy, fine, but that's the truth.

“You are my world, Kate.”

 While it tore Kate apart inside to make the decision that she saw as inevitable, she left Carson and moved back in with Riley and Zander (main couple from book 1). We immediately saw how this opened Carson's eyes and made him man up. He stopped at nothing to prove to Kate that he was truly sorry for screwing things up...royally. And again, I felt his remorse. I could genuinely tell he had changed. 

It was long and hard road for these two to get “back on track,” but it was so worth it because it made everything much more valuable. It made Carson really, truly realize how lonely his life would be without Kate….without their daughter, Carley. Once the baby was born, everything changed for the better.

“You and Carley are the reason I get out of bed every day. You’re the reason I smile and laugh. Without you two, life seems so empty.” 

Swoon! This man had a way with words and actions. He definitely not only proved but redeemed himself, too. I absolutely ADORED him and Kate as a couple. They struggled, yes, but made their way back and their journey was truly amazing.

Overall, the storyline kept me seriously hooked from the very first page. The plot and characters developed wonderfully – I LOVED seeing more of Riley and Zander and getting to know Max and Tanner. The banter between ALL of them made me smirk, giggle, and flat out laugh more than I could count. They were just so real, down to earth, and funny! They had no filter and were always honest with each other. I truly loved this group of characters. All I have to say is, CA Harms, you better be almost done with Max’s book!!!! I mean THAT ENDING!!! Sheesh!! I think my heart stopped for a minute there!!

Now, don’t worry. Each book focuses on a different couple and so far, they’ve gotten their happy ending. BUT…each book also sets the story for the next installment. The ending in book one told us about Kate and Carson’s pregnancy and this one? Well, let’s just say Max’s story isn’t here fast enough. :)

FIVE STARS!!!!





~ Scarred By Love Series ~


SCARRED BY LOVE
Author: CA Harms
Series: Scarred by Love, Book 1
~ SYNOPSIS ~
Riley thought she was in love. She thought she found the perfect guy until his aggressive behavior became too much to handle and she ran.

Becoming withdrew from the world and hiding from the chance of loving again. Having four older brothers and a determined best friend she had no choice but to stand strong.

Over time Riley was able to open up once again. She had no idea that the one person she needed was right under her nose.

She was guarded and hesitant when it came to bad boys...after all it was a bad boy that shattered her once before.

Zander wanted the girl from the party. He wanted to be near her even though she continued to push him away. He couldn’t let go of the gorgeous girl with those stormy eyes.

They both had secrets they kept hidden from one another. They found it easier to talk to others than to confide in each other. Riley begins to realize Zander isn't who she thought he was and falling for the sexy voiced Lead Singer/Guitar player may be just what she needs.

They struggle through hard times and learn to trust again. But will the love that grows be enough to hold them together or will the heartache they suffer drive a wedge between them forever.

They could be toxic to one another or they could heal the wounds that run deep within their souls.

THIS BOOK CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT AND IS MEANT FOR MATURE AUDIENCES






Check out my review ➜ here




~ CA Harms ~

C.A. Harms is like any other addicted reader. She enjoys happy endings and HEA love stories. She hasn't always been a lover of Romance and had once been addicted to a good Mystery. Just recently she has taken on a new liking and now is a full blown Romance novel addict.

She lives in Illinois and enjoys spending time with her husband and two children. You will always find her with her kindle or paperback in hand as it is her favorite pass time.

Social media links:





No comments:

Post a Comment