Monday, September 29, 2014

Book Review: "Be My December" by Rachel Brookes



be my december
BE MY DECEMBER
Author: Rachel Brookes
Genre: Contemporary Romance
~ SYNOPSIS ~
I knew the exact moment I’d become a ‘yes’ girl.

December 16th, a cold winter’s night, four years ago.
The night my innocence was stolen, the night I made the mistake of saying no—a mistake I’d never make again.
The dream of a ‘happily ever after' was now a locked away myth. I promised myself that I’d never return to the place of my worst nightmare, that I’d never let anyone get close, but then again, I never thought I’d meet someone like him.
The intense, confident and beautiful Ky Crawford.


I had no plans to become someone’s Prince Charming.

I couldn’t be. I refused to be. My plan was simple—do whatever it takes to correct my biggest mistake, my one regret that now controlled my life.
I was on track. I had plans, but then everything changed when I saw her—the girl in the red jacket, the girl who I was told couldn’t say no.
The reserved yet stunning Eden Rivers.

A girl who can’t say no. A guy who craves redemption. A chance encounter?

It all comes down to this. One question. One month.

Be My December?






~ 4 - 4.5 Stars ~

Rachel Brookes has an incredible talent of evoking emotions from her readers with every turn of the page. The moment I started reading Be My December my heart broke. That Prologue. Right off the bat I could tell this book would be one heck of a rollercoaster ride…and I was right.

“Give me December, be mine for one month.”

Eden Rives and Ky Crawford were two souls haunted by their pasts…by a tragedy. Four years ago, Eden lost the courage to say “no” after that right was so violently taken away from her. Four years ago, Ky experienced so much guilt that now, all he craved was redemption. Both Eden and Ky needed, craved, and deserved a second chance at life…at love. They both thought the idea of happiness was out of their reach…until their paths crossed.

“Eden Rives was the most tightly shut book I had ever encountered. I wanted to rip open the cover, disband the spine, and tear the pages of her story into a million pieces. More than anything I wanted to help her write new words, on perfectly crisp, untouched paper, and to come up with the perfect title for the perfect story.”

Things between Eden and Ky were emotional and angst-driven. Nothing was ever easy or simple with them. Their pasts were more present than ever and threatened what was being built between them. The guilt from Ky’s past fueled a fire inside of him that made him want – need – to protect Eden at all costs. You see, Eden’s fear of saying no kept putting her at risk a lot. It kept her from being brave, from being strong…

All Ky asked for was one month. One month to prove to Eden that she could trust him, that she could be brave and truly live her life without the fear of getting hurt for saying no. It was not an easy journey, mind you, and there were some ups and downs along the way. Secrets were revealed and enemies reappeared. There were twists and turns in the story line that kept me intrigued, that kept me asking myself questions and wondering how everything would be resolved. 

Overall, this book was a delight to read and I’m glad I one-clicked it. There were a few scenes where I had trouble connecting with Eden, but that didn’t keep me from enjoying the book as a whole. Ky was beyond YUMMY and completely swoon-worthy and the secondary characters were amazing!! I cannot wait for Josh and Ashlyn’s book next!!! 

4 - 4.5 emotional stars!! Go buy this book!! You won’t be sorry!

“You were meant to be my December, Eden, but you’ve become my absolute everything.”
















~ Rachel Brookes ~

Rachel Brookes is from a coastal town on the east coast of Australia where beaches, kangaroos and surfers roam free. She writes angsty love stories with a pinch of craziness, a dash of drama, a cup of romance and a spoonful of sexiness… oh and the main ingredient hot guys. Rachel sometimes forgets to eat, sometimes forgets to sleep and sometimes can’t remember the last time she cleaned her apartment but that’s because she is in a long term relationship with her laptop and is constantly writing. When she does step away from her laptop she can be found taking too many photos, making scrumptious cocktails, laughing at Adam Sandler movies and spending her time with her amazing family and friends. With her first novel, Just Breathe, due to be released in July 2013, her dream of releasing a book will become reality. With another three books already taking up her mind, she cannot wait to start this crazy ride.

Social media links:
Website | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads






No comments:

Post a Comment