Thursday, December 11, 2014

Book Review: "Destroy Me" by K.D. Carrillo



DESTROY ME
Author: K.D. Carrillo
Series: Destroy Book 2
Genre: New Adult | Romantic Suspense
~ SYNOPSIS ~
Some pasts linger long after the wounds have healed.

Kate guards her secret from all that know her. Independent and cunning, she traverses through her life one day at a time. Keeping to herself and living her life on her own, just the way she likes it.

There is one man that is intrigued by her mysterious ways, despite her attempts to keep everyone at arm’s length. 

Reed struggles with the circumstance of his past on a daily basis. His nights are full of terror and haunting memories. He’s a man looking for his purpose outside of the tragedy that curses his mind, and he thinks he may have found it in a reserved and mysterious blonde. 

However, demons can only hide for so long.

Secrets can devastate.

Pasts can haunt.

Can these two people, struggling to survive in the present, rescue each other from everything in their past that threatens to destroy them both?

~ 5 STARS ~

Destroy Me is book 2 in the Destroy Series and it’s Kate and Reed’s story. We had previously met them in Self Destruct, Book 1, which focused on Becca and Aiden. Becca and Kate are best friends, so yes, you will see the characters from Self Destruct in Destroy Me. While both books are standalone novels, I would recommend you read them in order.

“For me love hurt, love tormented, and eventually love would kill me.”

Where can I even begin? I’m a HUGE fan of #RomanticSuspense novels and let me tell you, KD Carrillo sure delivers!! She had me on the edge of my seat, fully engrossed in the storyline, in need of knowing what would happen next. The suspense and drama were amazing and the romance was HOT. FIVE STARS!

“Some people are too broken to waste your time.”
“You aren’t broken, Katie, just a little bruised. Either way I’ll be here waiting.”

Reed is YUMMY. I absolutely loved his character!! He made me swoon too many times to count and I just loved how protective he was of Kate. He did whatever it took to keep her safe and make her truly happy. Gah! He definitely made my list of favorite book boyfriends!

Kate was an amazing heroine!! She was strong, beautiful, and genuinely a nice girl. I love reading about characters like her. They allow me to connect with them easily! I felt for Kate and her situation. She was broken, but at the same time, she was far from being weak. She did what she needed to do in order to keep her loved ones safe.

“Loving her could destroy me, but being loved by her was restoring my battered soul.”

KD Carrillo developed the plot line amazingly well in Destroy Me. I felt like the story had smooth flow and it kept my interest fully intact. I did NOT want to stop reading!! Really, I didn’t. Had it not been for work, I probably would’ve read this book in one day. It was a true page turner for me. Another plus about this book was the chemistry between all the characters. Aiden, Becca, Jeremy, Cameron, and Toni were amazing as usual. I loved seeing how they all loved and protected each other. They were more than just friends, they were a family.

Okay, seriously though, if you love Romantic Suspense novels, don’t think about it and buy this book! Read this series!! Can’t wait to see what KD Carrillo comes up with next! FIVE STARS!















~ DESTROY SERIES ~

SELF DESTRUCT
Author: KD Carrillo
Series: Destroy #1
Genre: New Adult | Romantic Suspense
~ SYNOPSIS ~
Becca Scott spent years burying her traumatic past under alcohol and boys. With the help of her best friend she struggles to accept herself and let go of the pain. She thought she had figured out how to stop the cycle of self-destruction she was on, until she met Aiden. 

Aiden Ryan lives with constant self-hatred. He allows those close to him to manipulate his life for their own gain, because he feels he deserves it. He was resigned to marry a woman he doesn't love, until he met Becca.

Becca and Aiden try and let go of their painful pasts to be together, but can their pasts let go of them?






~ Read my review ➜ HERE


 ~ K.D. CARRILLO ~

K. D. Carrillo is a graduate of Central Washington University, the setting of Self Destruct. Her days are spent with her son, her rescued Aussie, and usually with a book.
Social media links:


No comments:

Post a Comment