Friday, February 5, 2016

Blurbs—Do you read them? #BookishConfession


Do you read blurbs before reading a book? 
I don't. I mean, I read them at one point  that ONE time, but not before starting the actual book. For example, I will read a blurb and if I like it and want to read the book, I will add it to my TBR on Goodreads and/or buy it. If I've done either, then that's good enough for me. When the time comes for me to actually read the book, I jump right in. I DON'T re-read the blurb to refresh my memory. And here's why...

In my experience, when plot twists happen, I find that I'm even more surprised because I've most likely forgotten what the book was even about! True story. There have been times when as I read, I'm taken by surprise when a detail is revealed along the way that so happened to have been mentioned in the blurb. Yes  sometimes authors say a bit too much when writing their synopsis.

Personally, I like going in "blind" and experiencing the journey without knowing too much about what's expected. It enhances my reading experience and makes the book that much better. :) Now, don't get me wrong, blurbs ARE important because along with the cover, it's what catches my attention. I just don't read them more than once. 

Do YOU read blurbs before starting a book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment