Sunday, February 22, 2015

Book Review: Bait by M Mabie

Title: Bait
Series: The Wake Series, #1
Author: M Mabie

He was trouble from the start, but I couldn't resist. 
She was the best kind of trouble. The kind that was so wrong, it felt right. 

I’ve tried and failed to stay away from him. 
I’ve done everything in my power to make her mine and keep her. 

He’s almost impossible to say no to. 
She never tells me yes. 

We’re always fighting. 
When we’re not fighting, we’re… well… making up. 

He makes me laugh so hard. 
I miss her laugh the most. 

I'm a liar. 
She knows the truth, but won’t admit it. 

Sometimes, I wish I'd never met him. 
I wish we could meet all over again. I'd do better. 

His girlfriend knows. 
The guy she’s with is a fool. 

I’ll never love anyone like I love him. 
She doesn’t love me enough to choose us. 

It was the wrong place. 
It was the wrong time. 

It should have been him. 
It will always be her. 

Add to Goodreads



~5 Angsty Fantastic Stars!!~

Sometimes a book is recommended to me and I say, "Wow! That looks really good. I want to read that." So, that was me....and this was the book. I saw it when it was releasing and was really intrigued by the synopsis. I knew it was a series, and I knew to wait until the rest of the books were out before I started it.

I *knew* this.
Words: Marked.

Well, a dear friend gifted it to me, begging me to read it. She was exclaiming how great it was and how much she loved it. It was on her "Best Books of 2014" list. Ok....I guess I should read it, right? Yeah....I'm now sitting in the corner, rocking myself and holding my knees up to my chest, begging for more. I want more.

MORE TORTURE
Yes, I said torture.

I've said time and time again, angst is what I need/crave/have-to-have in a book to make me fall in love with it. I just need that heart-stopping, heart-racing, push and pull that makes you bite your fingernails while you hold your kindle and feverishly read and devour the words on the pages.

This book was UH-mazing. Phenomenal. WOW.

And now I can be considered a stalker. I literally stalk M Mabie's page while I anxiously await Sail being released. I am obsessed....I'm sure, clinically.

Why does something that is so wrong.....feel so right? Sometimes, what we know as wrong, is actually right. I believe in true love...I believe in deep, soul-crushing, mind blowing love. I believe in doing right....but I also understand guilty feelings and curiosity. Sometimes our heart speaks louder than our mind....and sometimes we have to listen to it. Rationale be damned.

"I've already warned you. You won't be able to get enough. Now, here's your chance to stop this, while you still have the willpower." He was both menacing and tempting. 

The way in which this story was told was the *perfect* way to tell it....the POV change was perfect and seamless and it really worked The amount of angst in the book was off the charts good. The heroine was strong, but weak against her own desires. Blake knew right from wrong, but her draw to Casey was undeniable and she was powerless against it. While I read this book, I felt the want and the need....the desire for more. 

Hell no, I didn't regret it, but I couldn't say that it wasn't a mistake. The mistake was knowing what he tasted like. The mistake was wanting more.

What was so different about this book was the fact that when things didn't go their way, they didn't throw some fit....nope, they FOUGHT for their love, after some deep thinking and harsh realities. Their pull towards each other was two sided. They both needed each other and wanted each other. I really enjoyed this push and pull they had and this is what I crave in a really good book. I felt their pain, their reasoning, their love....I felt it all and this book was one that will go down as a favorite for me in 2015.

......why wasn't the guilt for what I'd done to Grant louder than my fantasies of Casey?

Blake knew what she was doing. Casey knew what he was doing. This is a story about the depths of desire and truth your heart will put you through for your one true love. The one you're meant to be with. Love will drag you through the depths of hell to get you where you need to go....it isn't always hearts and flowers. 

There was no rational reason for any of this. Even I knew that. But I wanted her. That was fact.

To say that I am anxiously awaiting Sail, that would be a gross understatement. That book is high up on my list of 'push everything aside to read'. I need more Casey and Blake. Their relationship was one of a kind....and I need more of it. 




And NOW!!!
Some SAIL teasers!!





PLEASE HURRY!! I WANT MORE CASEY!!!
<3 BETHANY



~Author M Mabie~

M. Mabie lives in Illinois with her husband. She is the author of the steamy comedy Fade In. Her sophomore release, Bait, is the first book in the angst-filled erotic Wake Series. She writes unconventional love stories and tries to embody "real-life romance."

She cares about politics, but will not discuss them in public. She uses the same fork at every meal, watches Wayne's World while cleaning, and lets her dog sleep on her head. She has always been a writer. In fact, she was born with a pen in her hand, which almost never happens. Almost. 

M. Mabie usually doesn't speak in third-person either. She promises.

Social Media Links:
Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads | Twitter | Mailing List

No comments:

Post a Comment