Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016 Top 16 Favorite Books and Top Favorite Author of the Year!

Every year, this is probably the hardest list I make. According to Goodreads, I actually finished 71 books in 2016 and for the very first time, I completed my Reading Challenge! Waahoo!! Now, you can imagine how narrowing 71 books to only 16 was TOUGH. But, it seems I survived! That said, the following books are not listed in any particular order because let's be honest, figuring that out would've killed me for sure. 😏 

 2016 TOP FAVORITE BOOKS  
The Spirit Trilogy by d. Nichole King
 I read these back-to-back and the emotional turmoil the trilogy, as a whole, caused me cannot be ignored. I can't break them up into individual books either. 😌

The Vixen & The Vet by Katy Regnery
I listened to the audiobook version of this book and OMG—it's a MUST! This was a six-star book for me, one that made me fall irrevocably in love!

Wait by A.L. Jackson
I bought all the released books in A.L. Jackson's Bleeding Stars series and I binged on them, back-to-back! I listened to the audiobook versions of each and Wait was hands-down my favorite (although all the rest are right behind it with full, five star ratings! In fact, look below!). Austin's story was my most anticipated one in the series! 

Where the Lightning Strikes by A.L. Jackson
I've said this a thousand times before and I will say it once more: A.L. Jackson is the QUEEN of ANGST! Let me tell you, Lyrik's story was the epitome of an angst-driven novel! This was a six-star book for me, once more, by Ms. Jackson. 

Conflicted by Lisa Suzanne
Now, this book was one quite out of my comfort zone and OMG it had my emotions on full speed! I was a mess!! If you read my review, you'll understand why. It was precisely because of all the emotions Lisa Suzanne evoked from me that I *had* to include this book here.

No Pants Required by Kim Karr
Kim Karr is one of the few authors I wholeheartedly trust to write a great book. When I started reading No Pants Required I had no idea what it was about, but I trusted that it would deliver. As always, Kim Karr proved me right!

Bedwrecker by Kim Karr
This one was a home-run from Kim Karr! Keen was delicious piece of man candy and Maggie was one of the wittiest characters I've ever read! Loved them!! Loved this book from page one!

Russian Tattoos Prisoner by Kat Shehata
Talk about a HOT Mafia Romance!! Holy cow! I devoured this book! It was seriously addictive! I cannot wait for book three to release! Ms. Shehata is killing me slowly with the wait!!

Royal Atlas by HJ Bellus
This is by far one of HJ's most emotional books, IMO. In fact, it reminded me a lot of Nicholas Sparks, and I mean that as a compliment!

Bossman by Vi Keeland
This book was pure perfection, in my opinion. The moment I finished reading it, I wanted to immediately start it all over again! Vi Keeland had me craving her words badly!

Playboy Pilot by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland
Brilliant! Epic! Amazing! Penelope and Vi are *seriously* an author duo made in book heaven! I absolutely loved everything about this book! Eh-vree-thing!

Stuck-Up Suit by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward
I started and finished this book in one sitting. In fact, I finished reading it at 5AM because it kept me up all night! There was angst, drama, sexy times...you name it, Vi & Penelope delivered!

Revenge by CA Harms
This was an EPIC ending to a phenomenal Romantic Suspense series! CA Harms nailed it with this one! I LOVED Josh and Gaby's story!

Frog Hollow by Savannah Blevins
This book is a MUST for any reader that enjoys Fantasy / Paranormal Romance novels! Once I started reading it, Savannah Blevins hooked me! I couldn't put down the book! I enjoyed the romance aspect of the book as much as I did the paranormal! And that ending? Everything I hoped it would be! I was a happy reader! Can't wait to check out book #2! 

The Baller by Vi Keeland
In true Vi Keeland fashion, this book was un-put-downable! One thing I completely adored about this book was the hilarious banter bewteen Brody and Delilah! This was my very first book this year and it definitely kicked off my favorites list with a bang!

The Shadow by Sylvain Reynard
Sylvain Reynard is one of my most favorite authors EVER. His writing, to me, is real literaturea work of artand The Shadow only solidified my opinion on the matter. I was completely mezmerized by this book! 

πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•
This year I decided to start a new tradition. 
Based on my Top Favorites List, I will be picking a TOP FAVORITE AUTHOR of the YEAR. This author must have at least 1 book in the Top Favorite Books list in order to qualify, of course.
Now, this year, based on the amount of books this author has on my list, I'd say it's clear as day she deserves the title. 

So.... 
2016's TOP FAVORITE AUTHOR is......

πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• Vi Keeland is my #1 go-to author. Without even reading her blurbs, I automatically purchase her books. I don't give it a second thought—Ms. Keeland releases a book, I buy it. It's as easy as 1,2,3 or the A,B,Cs. There hasn't been a time where I've rated any of her books anything less than five stars. She never disappoints and always manages to blow me away with each new novel. Just when I think her books can't possibly get any better, she goes and surpasses herself! Seriously! This author is brilliantly talented and I hope she NEVER STOPS WRITING. If that day ever came, it would be a very, very sad day for all bookworms everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment