Monday, September 28, 2015

Book Review of Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Title: Ugly Love
Author: Colleen Hoover
~ SYNOPSIS ~
When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she doesn't think it's love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past. 
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated. 
Promises get broken. 
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.

ADD TO GOODREADS
~5 Perfect Stars~
So, I'm pretty sure that I am the LAST person to have ever read Ugly Love....and MAN!!! What a book....she has over 2500 reviews on this book and I must say, I should have never waited this long to read a CoHo book! I have quite a few more of hers to read, so I will be binge reading her books.

I. Am. In. Love.
Seriously....based on this book alone, she has to be one of my favorites. I know! I know! How can I say this if I've only read ONE of her books? The way I felt AFTER reading this book, and the firestorm of emotions I felt WHILE reading this book, solidified this for me. Pure ease in her words...she flows effortlessly. I'm just in awe and I loved it! I smiled, I frowned and I giggled...so so so very good.

Seriousy, WOW! I want to jump up and down and wave and squee because I want everyone to know what this book did to me!! I am not going to be able to say anything that others haven't already said, but I can say that THIS book hooked me immediately and then it kept me engaged. I read it nonstop and couldn't put it down. I didn't want to stop....I couldn't. Talk about a heavy read, but amazing and real. Like, how do you explain the sadness, the heartbreak, the love and the euphoria? Oh man...it was SO good!!!

This was the first CoHo book I've read, but I have bought 8 of them. (Shhhh!!!) This was also the first paperback I've read since October 2012, so there was no highlighting for me...but it sorta felt nostalgic with the fact that I was reading an honest love story in a real book. Maybe that doesn't really mean anything....but it sure felt nostalgic to me.  Hahaha! This was mailed to me by a fellow reader (thank you, Amy!!!!) who said I had to read it.....and so I finally made some reading time and I am SO excited I finally did. What a beautifully heartbreaking and breath-catching book. It's a story of growth and love and life.....<sigh> Just so beautiful. So meaningful. So fascinating. I am so in love and can't wait for this movie to come out. I am so ready. 

I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone that wants an honest read with no made up drama and a true to life heartbreak that needs fixing. I loved this book. Honestly and truly loved it. <3 




~Colleen Hoover~
Colleen Hoover is the author of ten New York Times bestselling novels. She self-published her first novel, SLAMMED, in 2012. Five months later it debuted on The New York Times. Colleen has since signed with Atria Books, a division of Simon & Schuster. Her next novel, November 9, is scheduled to release in November, 2015. 

Ugly Love, a novel she released in August, 2014, is currently in pre-production with Hackybox Pictures and is slated to release in 2016. 

You can follow Colleen on Instagram and Twitter @colleenhoover. You can also find her on her blog at www.colleenhoover.com or on her very active Facebook page.

~Social Media Links~
Facebook | Amazon | Goodreads | Twitter | Instagram | Bookworm Box
~
I first met Colleen at a signing in Seattle in September 2013 while I was carting around Lydia's books for signatures, and she was the most genuine author I had ever met. Ever. And then I saw her again in Portland in March 2014...and she was still just as amazing.








Why does this matter? Because I had never read her before (I was a brand new blogger in 2013-and Lydia LOVED her, so I stopped by her table), but she was still as gracious as ever, took the time to talk to me and was the nicest person and made me feel at ease being a new reader/blogger....and that really translated over in her writing. Seriously. If you follow her posts, you know how nice and genuine she truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment